Book Your NZ Rental Motorhome with Success
A romantic holiday in the wilderness of New Zealand? A NZ road trip with your best friends? Or are you planning on taking your family on a unique adventure trying to find the kiwi bird?
A motorhome rental or campervan hire certainly is the best way to explore New Zealand. It provides transport and accommodation in one and therefore is a cheap and convenient option overall.
The words motorhome rental and campervan hire have the same meaning, however, you may describe a bigger vehicle with cooking, shower and toilet facilities as a "motorhome", whereas a small simple vehicle is a "campervan". There is also some other expressions like RV (recreational vehicle), camper or mobile home which all relate to the same type of holiday vehicle.
The best way to book your New Zealand motorhome rental is via the internet.
However, once you get on the worldwide web to book your perfect holiday vehicle, things may start to look a little overwhelming. Sorting through over 30 rental providers and their many different vehicles is not an easy task. On top of the huge choice there is also many different insurance options, hidden fees and misleading online booking systems.
This certainly won't spark your holiday mood.
To book your Motorhome Rental successfully it is best to speak to a New Zealand local with experience in the motorhome industry. An independent adviser with knowledge of all major motorhome companies and vehicles could be the key to an easy and reliable booking process.
These so-called booking agents work closely with the motorhome rental companies and receive a commission for every booking they make.
You will be able to find many booking agents online, however, it is not always easy to tell if you are really dealing with an independent agent who is customer orientated and will give you good honest advice. In this case it is always useful to check out their guest books and read their client reviews. Also take some time to look at their website. If you like what you see and the content is informative, you are likely to receive the desired professional service.
When booking through a motorhome booking agent you should receive many advantages such as:
+ cheaper prices (agents are able to cut their commission to be competitive)
+ personal and professional advice
+ find the best suitable motorhome rental
+ assistance prior, during and after your motorhome holiday
+ no hidden costs
+ no booking fees
+ no surprises
Please note that you need to be lucky enough to deal with the right agent to receive all those advantages. I recommend staying away from automatic online booking engines, as availability and price vary frequently and booking engines aren't that flexible and reliable.
Below are 10 points to a Successful New Zealand Motorhome Rental Holiday.
1. Decide on your holiday time frame.
2. Look at flights arriving at either Auckland or Christchurch airport. If you plan to see both islands it is of advantage to arrive in one city and depart from the other. Please note that you should allow at least 2 weeks per island if you want to avoid time pressure.
3. Once you know your preferred time frame, contact a motorhome booking agent. (e.g. Pro Camper Limited)
4. Give the agent as much information as possible. This is usually done by filling in an enquiry form or sending an email with travel dates, pick-up and drop-off location and passenger information.
5. The agent will get back to you within a short period of time and provide a quote on one or more suitable motorhome rental options.
6. Analyze the quoted motorhomes and it pays to check if the quoted amount is cheaper than booking with the rental company direct. You can always try to challenge the agent on price.
7. Clarify any questions or unclear points with the agent.
8. After booking your flights your are now ready to book your motorhome. This is usually done by paying a deposit or the full amount to the booking agent.
9. You receive a booking confirmation and invoice as soon as the reservation process is complete. This should not take any longer than 48 hours.
10. Pack your bags and way you go!